Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm thinking about you

Baby, I wrote this poem today
If you only knew
How much I love you.
I'm thinking about you like peanut butter thinks about jelly.
I'm thinking about you like how my food thinks about filling my belly.
I'm thinking about you like railroad tracks think about a train.
I'm thinking about you like dummies think about having a brain.
I'm thinking about you like a book thinks about being open.
I'm thinking about you like a heart thinks about thump'n.
I'm thinking about you like life thinks about death
I'm thinking about you like lungs think about breath.
I'm thinking about you like a sculture thinks about clay
I'm thinking about you like yesterday thinks about today.

I'm thinking about you like a locked door thinks about a key.
I'm thinking about you like you... think about me.

2 comments:

  1. Haha love it, "like how my food thinks about filling my belly." this is awesome great work and very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the last line, "I'm thinking about you like you... think about me."

    ReplyDelete